- This event has passed.
Standard First Aid in Fergus
January 15 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$180
Please note that this is a two-day session held on January 15 & 16, 2019 9 a.m – 5 p.m.
*Required if more than 5 people on a shift at one time
Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Includes the latest First Aid and CPR guidelines. Meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR. Exceeds competitor’s standards by including injury prevention content, CPR, and AED. We offer the most current standards of training in all Canadian Red Cross courses. (2nd day ends around 2:30 pm)
WSIB Requirements: This course meets federal and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Standard First Aid and CPR training. All employers covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act are required to have first aid equipment, facilities, and trained personnel in all workplaces (Regulation 1101).
- The First Aiders’ Role -covered in Emergency First Aid
- Check, Call, Care
- H.A.IN.E.S. Recovery Position
- Choking – adult, child, baby
- Assisting with Medications
- Angina and Heart Attack
- CPR and AED (defibrillator)
- Deadly Bleeding
- Head & Spine Injuries -from here on down, NOT covered in
- Bone, Muscle, Joint Injuries Emergency First Aid course
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
Duration: 14-16 hours
Certification: 3 years (If it expires you will need the 2-day course again, if you renew before it expires, you can take the 1-day course)